Pub Quiz is a fun, live, team trivia game, that began in the British Isles and has spread around the world. The Port City Pub’s official Pub
Quiz Quizmaster (say that three times fast) begins the games at 8pm, on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month. In addition to
receiving the unbridled applause of the throng there assembled, valuable prizes will be awarded to those players most deserving.
Rules of Play
1. Teams may be comprised of no more than six physically present individuals. No other people besides the team members can be at your
table. (We don't want to hear any of that, "He's just going to sit here and not play” stuff. There is no minimum team size. If you think you have the
singular cerebral substance to take on teams of six people by yourself, then have at it. (Hint: When building your team, try to find team members
covering the widest variety of subjects possible, As someone once said, "You don't want a baseball team with nothing but shortstops.”)
2. No outside help for questions, and no “inanimate” team members. Please don't call people on your cell phones, download web pages on your
laptop or PDA, or sneak in volumes of the Encyclopedia Britannica in your socks. We don't care if your laptop can talk and has more personality
than the rest of your team combined. Please leave it home.
3. The Quizmaster is the final arbiter of truth, beauty, fashion, justice and all questions and other matters of Pub Trivia policy. Even if the
results appear unfair, inaccurate, rude or obscenely biological, don't argue. It won't help. Any rule not included here may be created on the spot by
the Quizmaster, and enforced with brutal abandon.
4. The game is composed of three rounds of ten questions each. You are allowed two minutes to answer each question. The fourth round will
be a lightning round of ten questions with one minute to answer each one. At the end of each round, you'll turn in your answers, we'll grade them,
and then make fun of your scores. After that, we'll give the winning team a free appetizer plate. The team with the highest score at the end of the
four rounds wins a $20 Port City Pub gift card. (It’s up to the team members to figure out how to split it. Come on. It’s not about the prize; it’s about
the glory!), and a certificate verifying that they are the night's Pub Quiz champions.
5. In the event of a tie, the tied teams shall be asked a tie-breaker question. The team with the correct (or closest to correct) answer will win the
round. In the unlikely event that more than one team puts down the same winning answer, the round will go to the first team that provides the
winning answer to the Quizmaster.
|Play for fun and valuable prizes
on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of
every month at 7:45pm